Fixed Rate Home Loan

If the certainty of set loan repayments appeals to you then perhaps a Fixed Rate Home Loan is just what you need.

Fixed Rate loans are based on a set term and interest rate, anywhere from 6 months to 15 years. This provides some level of security but does not allow the reduction of repayment amounts should official interest rates fall. Once the fixed rate period is finished the rate will usually revert to a variable rate unless you decide to rollover for another fixed term. These loans can be combined with variable rate products to provide a mix of security and flexibility. For example 60% of your loan could be a standard variable loan whilst the remaining 40% could be fixed.